IDD Training Specialist
*Full-time *Excellent Benefits *Competitive Pay
East McKeesport and Homestead, PA
High School Diploma or GED
Interested candidate must have knowledge of Developmental Disabilities and experience working with challenging behaviors
Valid Driver's License required
The normal workweek for this position is 37.5 hours; typically Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM. At times, the hours may vary depending on staff development training or service needs of the individuals. Weekends may be required to staff special events (i.e., camping trips).
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Promotes the health and safety of the individuals - conducts fire drills as assigned, reports unsafe conditions. Ensure consumer safety by maintaining the staff/individual ratio designated in the individuals’ ISP’s
2. Implement goals and provide the supports as outlined in the ISP - carries out goals as written, assures that restrictive procedures and the SEE Plans are followed.
3. Complete direct care duties – assists with needed activities of daily living including feeding, toileting and hygiene.
4. Completes assigned paperwork - documents goal implementation, completes daily, monthly and quarterly summaries, completes and submits training forms, completes observation of unusual incident forms. Maintain individuals’ files as assigned. Submit time sheet accurately and in a timely manner. Completes employee expense voucher monthly.
5. Administers medications accurately - completes medication training. Administers medication as prescribed, reports medication errors when they are identified
6. Transport individual in agency vehicles - provides HR with a copy of current license and insurance information, maintains a clean driving record, follow agency vehicle policy.
EOE Drug Free
Send cover letter and resume to:
TCV MH/MR, Inc.
723 Braddock Avenue
Braddock, PA 15104